OHIO Statewide MD380/390 DMR Code Plug
This includes every known DMR repeater in OHIO that
is on the air
repeaters on the air:
Ridgeville 443.125 +5 CC1 N8LXM Part of the K4USD Network
444.9125 +5 CC7 WN7C Part of the Brandmeister Network
444.825 +5 CC1 KD8QDL Part of the Brandmeister Network
442.200 CC7 W8JDA Part of the W8JDA “hybrid” Brandmeister Network
Additionally, there is a new emergency DMR repeater available in the
state. This is a portable repeater that is available to be deployed
at the request of an EMA manager in the county that you serve. This
can also be used for special events to provide or supplement DMR
coverage in your arrea. It is fully networked via wireless modem to
the Brandmeister network. Please contact Arlin Bradford for
441.000 +5 CC7 KD8EVR Part of the Brandmeister Network
plug CAN be directly imported into the new TYT MD-2017 dual band HT.
Make sure that you have the latest CPS download and MD-2017 firmware
to allow this.
As many of
you are aware, the MD380 (non hacked firmware) will only hold a
total of 1000 contacts. This limits my ability to import call signs
and names to display on your radio. I usually just pull Ohio 3139
activity. Well, Hamvention activity blew that concept up. There are
almost 2000 unique call signs that are now appearing in that
database. To limit things, I had to import calls that have been
active on 3139 in mid-May, June, and late July. My apologies if you
dropped off. Simply key up on 3139 this month and you will get added
in code plug dated 2/6/2017)
added a new zone called Front Panel Programming (FPP). With the
latest versions of software for the MD380/390 you can now program
the radio on the fly. The problem is, you had to overwrite an
existing channel in a zone. With the FPP zone, you now have 16
channels with no info preloaded. Use this zone to create a channel
for local activity when you travel. Or, many are using dongles or
OpenSpot's, put that frequency and talk group in there. Some simply
want a talk group on a local machine I do not have preloaded in the
plug. This zone is for you. What you manually add from the radio
menu will become part of the code plug. The best part, when compared
to a similar function on Motorola's, this does not reset at radio
power cycle. Here is a link to a YouTube video that walks you
through the process:
program has been updated to make this process very easy. Check it
out if you need a code plug created for other radios. **
asked if I can provide a code plug for other radios. At this time,
the labor involved just to maintain the MD380/390 codeplug is very
time consuming when added to my day job. But, I have good news.
There is a conversion program that was just released to convert this
code plug to the format to support the CS750, CS760, CS800 and other
radios that use the .RDB extension. I have played with it myself,
and it works great! Give it a try.
FORGET TO ADD YOUR DMR ID TO THE SETTINGS TAB BEFORE YOU
WRITE TO YOUR RADIO**
all those who provide feedback to me on new repeaters or updates
needed for future releases. Please feel free to share my email with
firstname.lastname@example.org. I am happy to add them to this distribution
Click Here to
Download Code Plug <<
**Ohio MD380/390 Code
plug Change Log**
Errors or corrections?: Please notify Andrew/K4AWC
Remember to thank your DMR repeater owner.
It is their $$ that is
allowing this network to grow and flourish in the state.
New code plug always contains the previous updates noted below.
Code Plug dated
1. Bainbridge repeater removed. Tower site was in poor condition.
Trustee moving to new site in coming months.
2. Added North Ridgeville new repeater 443.125 +5 CC1 N8LXM - Member
3. Added Mt. Gilead new repeater 444.9125 +5 CC7 WN7C - Member
4. Added Tiffin new repeater 444.825 +5 CC1 KD8QDL - Member
5. Added Stoutsville new repeater 442.200 +5 CC7 W8JDA - Member
6. Added Ohio DMR portable repeater 441.000 +5 CC7 KD8EVR - Member
Code Plug dated 6/8/2017
1. Added TG 313966 to Marysville zone for local communication
2. Added TG 313920 and 313952 to Ashland zone for local
3. Added Copley new repeater 444.5125 +5 WB8AVD - Member
4. Added Gallipolis new repeater 444.1125 +5 KD8SPV - Member
Brandmeister (some talkgroups)
5. Added Bowling Green new repeater 443.9125 +5 WD8LEI - Member
6. Deleated contacts with no 3139 QSO's in April, May, June 2017
Code Plug dated 5/17/2017
1. Corrected output frequency for the new Marion repeater
2. Added almost every NA talk group to contact list. This should
help make it easier for those using FPP for
dongles or when they travel to other areas of US.
3. Renamed channels in the HAMVENTION zone to callsign of repeater.
K4USD (Thanks to W2XAB) and N9DMR (Thanks to Tony and Hoosier DMR)
4. Removed the 443.225 analog machine from the Mansfield zone -
Repeater has been decommissioned
5. Removed TAC 1 from Brandmeister machines. TAC 1 DOES NOT bridge
with CBridge machines as originaly thought. TAC 1 still
works on CBridge connecected machines.
6. Added Marysville new repeater (not yet on air) 443.4500 +5 CC7
K8JWL - Member Brandmeister
7. Added a new Zone called Hamvention-BM. This zone has a
Brandmesiter repeater slated to be onsite at Hamvention-
440.800 +5 CC1
Code Plug dated 4/11/2017
1. TG 8 (Local 8) for DMR MARC machines was left out of Zone list in
last update - Corrected
2. TG 8 (Local 8) for DMR MARC machines was left out of scan list in
last update - Corrected
3. Removed random TG's that were added by mistake to DMR MARC ZONES
(Cincinnati S, Dayton, Kettering, Piqua)
5. Added Marion new repeater 442.0125 +5 KC8BPE - Member K4USD
Code Plug 4/6/2017
1. Fixed Wellston TG ID 313958 to the correct 313953 in the channel
name. Correct TG was always there; just wrong name.
2. Fixed receive group 312. Did not have that TG in the receive
group. This would have prevented you from being able to hear
any traffic on TG312. Fixed now.
3. Fixed - Mantua had the wrong output frequency. Changed to +5
4. Added Huber Heights new repeater 443.2625 +5 K1CCN - Member of
5. Added Scioto Valley TG (313953) to Hillsboro TS2
6. DMR MARC Repeaters (Cinci S, Dayton, Kettering, Piqua) support
reflector linking on TG 9. Added this TG to TS 2.
How to? Located here: https://www.dmr-marc.net/FAQ/dmrplus-america.html
7. Added Minford (Scioto County) new repeater 443.1125 +5 KD8SPV -
Member of Brandmeister
8. DMR MARC has removed the following TG's from their machines: TAC
310, UA113, and MIDWEST. This affects Cincinnati South, Dayton,
Kettering, and Piqua
9. DMR MARC has removed support TG2 TS2 from thier machines. I have
retained that TG on TS2 for LOCAL only communication. This resolves
conflict the locals were having with TG8 on TS1. Traffic on Ohio
statewide is preventing local communication. This is for Cincinnati
South, Dayton, Kettering, and Piqua
10 Users added are from a data dump of TG3139 as of 4/7/2017
Code Plug dated
1. Fixed - Medina had the wrong frequency. Changed to correct
2. Chilicothe - Made changes to talk group assigments assigned to
what time slots based on trustee feedback
3. Added TG9 TS2 to somem Brandmeister repeaters. This is for
Reflector linking. I will expand to more repeaters
during next update.
4. Added Mout Vernon new repeater442.100 +5 KD8EVR - Member of
5. Ohio (3139) has returned to the DMR MARC CBridge. Affected
machines (Piqua, Kettering, Dayton, Cincinnati South)
have had this TG added back in to the plug for use.
6. Added Ray, Ohio (Jackson County) new repeater 442.225 +5 KD8SPV -
Member of Brandmeister
7. Added Wellston, Ohio new repeater 443.250 +5 N8OJ - Member of
8. Added Bainbridge, Ohio (Ross County) new repeater 443.5875 +5
KD8SPV - Member of Brandmeister
9. Marietta: Changed the time slot configuration for many TG's to
align with keeping only local traffic on TS 2
10: User database pulled from activitiy to TG 3139 as of 3/6/2017
Code Plug dated 2/06/2017
1. Fixed TG 9 info for Akron
2.Fixed - Had the repeater split wrong for Atwater. Fixed to +5
3. Fixed - Norton MW zone had the wrong receive group selected
4. Due to space limitations, I had to make some changes to what
contacts I import. This is the function
that allows your call sign and name to appear on others radios. I
now scrape data for those that use
the Ohio Talk Group (3139). Only those that have been heard on that
Talk Group will be imported. So if
you have a buddy that is not showing up on your radio, have them go
to the 3139 Talk Group for a brief
QSO. I will see their activity at the next update.
5. Discovered an error with Cincinnati South - Had 3169 Midwest on
TS 1. Changed to TS 2
6. Discovered an error with Cincinnati North - Had wrong TG for TAC
1 Group List changed to 8951
7. Added Sandusky new repeater 444.7375 +5 KD8AVO - Member of
8. Add Chillicothe new repeater 444.350 +5 KD8SPV - Member of
9. Added a new zone called FPP (Front Panel Programming). With the
most recent version of the MD380 software, you have the ability to
the device in the field. This zone has five channels that can be
used as a memory type "VFO". Chose what those channels are, based on
you program in them from the settings menu. Great if you travel and
dont want to write a full code plug.
10. Renamed the channel named the "Bridge" to "3100" in all zones.
This naming better represents what this TG is called by many.
Code Plug dated 1/06/2017
1. Added TAC 310 TS2 to the DMR MARC C-Bridge machines in Cincinnati
S, Kettering, Piqua, and Dayton
2. Changed the repeater frequency for the Mentor machine to 443.475
3. Changed the offset on Euclid to a +5 rather than the -5 in past
Code Plug dated: 12/31/2016
1.Changed private call hang time to 7000ms (radio max) to facilitate
easier direct call situations
2. Renamed "Springfield N" to "Springfield SW"
3. Renamed "Springfield S" to Springfield Dwtn"
4. Removed analog repeaters out of all scan lists
5. Added Analog repeater 444.200/pl 151.4 to Columbus zone
6. Columbus Zone added the following TG's: TAC 1, UA 113, COMM 2
7. Renamed Painsville to Mentor (based on feedback from repeater
8. Renamed the Medina 442.475 machine to "Medina BM" - Due to new
Medina machine that is on the K4USD C-Bridge
9. Added Medina new repeater 443.475 N8OND - Member of K4USD
10.Added Akron new repeater 443.1125 W8UPD - Member of K4USD
C-Bridge (very low profile as of this date. Moving to permanent site
11. Added Ashland new repeater 444.0375 K8IHI - Member of
Brandmeister Network (Slated to come online the week of 1/2/17)
12. Mansfield Zone: Dropped "KY" and added "313920" to TS 1 - TG
used for local/regional comms
13. Marietta Zone: Added "313938" to TS 2 - TG used for
14. Added "UA 113" talk group to all K4USD C-Bridge repeaters to
have a common TG with a DMR MARC C-Bridge repeater (PTT activated)
15. Add "TAC 1" talk group to all C-Bridge & Brandmeister repeaters
to have another common TG with repeaters around the state no matter
of network connection type.
16. Created a "Ohio Scan List" Zone. This brings a very crude
"roaming" like ability to the MD380/390.If you go to this zone while
traveling in OHIO, it will scan for OHIO TG activity on all
repeaters in the state.
The last repeater that it hears activity on, the radio will allow
you to talk on that repeater while still scanning. There are some
limitations to this 1) Scanning will wear your battery down quicker
than normal 2) You can not transmit
on the OHIO TG till the radio is able to lock on to activity from a
repeater.This scan list will help you locate what the closest
repeater is to your location. Then you can change to that zone to
conserve battery or use other TG's.
This has been tested with mixed results.
17. Removed the Fusion talk group due to lack of activity.
18. Had to remove the North America Brandmesiter emergency (9911) TG
from some repeaters due to limited space
19. Ohio has over 1000 digtal user ID's that have been isued by the
DMR MARC team. New users will now be issued user ID's that begin
wtih "1139" for Ohio.
The MD380 only
holds 1000 contacts for both Private Call ID's and Group Call ID's.
Some users were not able to be
uploaded to the radio. Please modify this with users you talk to
often if you want.